Let's Take This Journey Together

In my attempt to find information for our adoption process from Uganda, I became quickly aware that there just isn't much out there. I wanted to create a way for all of us taking this journey together to be able to walk along-side each other. A place we can find other people taking this journey with us. A place to encourage each other during the journey. A place to keep up with the family after the adoption is finalized, because, let's face it, the adoption is only the beginning of this journey!

If you are in the process of adopting from Uganda and are blogging about your journey, please e-mail joshntash@hotmail.com so I can add you to the hopefully growing list of people who are bringing these orphans home!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It's Official

After a mission trip that my husband and I took to Uganda on October 4-14, 2010, we brought home more than just fond memories of the Ugandan people and a great experience.  We brought home a bleeding heart for the orphans that we met.  Not wanting to act out of a reaction to emotions we decided to meditate and pray about the possibility of adoption.

I felt, pretty early on, that this is what our family was called to do, but Josh was moving a little slower than me.  This isn't unusual:)  It just makes for one of the things I absolutely LOVE about him!  Really...

Anyway, after telling one of my closest friends to keep me accountable to keeping my mouth shut so the Lord could speak to Josh's heart, He did!

Josh came to me today to let me know that the Lord had affirmed in his heart that it's a go!

So, here we are.  We're going to bring one of those precious children home.

And so the Journey begins.

Follow my blog with bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment