Let's Take This Journey Together

In my attempt to find information for our adoption process from Uganda, I became quickly aware that there just isn't much out there. I wanted to create a way for all of us taking this journey together to be able to walk along-side each other. A place we can find other people taking this journey with us. A place to encourage each other during the journey. A place to keep up with the family after the adoption is finalized, because, let's face it, the adoption is only the beginning of this journey!

If you are in the process of adopting from Uganda and are blogging about your journey, please e-mail joshntash@hotmail.com so I can add you to the hopefully growing list of people who are bringing these orphans home!

Monday, November 8, 2010

Just Talking To Someone Helps

I just spoke with my first of three Adoption Agencies that we have the potential of working with.  I have been a little overwhelmed just thinking about where to get started.  It was nice to talk to someone in person (on the phone) about the process and the possibilities for us!

4 comments:

  1. Would you mind sharing what Adoption Agencies are available for Ugandan adoption? Also, a while back after God put it in our heart that we would be adopting from Uganda, I made a little picture. I thought you might appreciate it! It's a good visual.

    http://realitycheckz.wordpress.com/2010/09/30/great-expectations/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that visual! Beautiful:)

    Have you begun your process yet? and if so, how far have you gotten?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly, I don't know exactly where to begin. I am a definite novice. No one I have ever known has even considered this. We want to break the news to everyone before we begin the process. Not that it matters one way or another that the news is accepted. It should be no different than telling them we are expecting a baby right? I don't know why I said that but I know you pray and wow, that feels better.

    Anyway, I contacted an agency from Jen's sight that gave us some information to read through and look at. An idea of the process and an approximate cost. We are transitioning in January to living soley on my husbands paycheck and mine will be reserved strictly for adoption purposes. It's going to be a miraculous journey!

    Any suggestions? Should we go there first to meet our children or begin and go later? That's not something that you can answer really but I know I am longing for them. How do you love someone who you have never even seen yet? It's God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Typically you start with an agency and after the preliminary paperwork you will wait to be matched with a referral child. We are going about this all inside and out and backwards than a traditional adoption because we already have the child we want to adopt.

    If you've already picked a child, then you can find out the agency that sponsors that orphanage and get the process started with them.

    Hope this helps!

    Don't get frustrated or disappointed with other's don't seem quite as excited as you do. Some people that we have told are a little cold to the idea...but it's not their deal. It is a personal choice ya'll have made:)

    ReplyDelete