Let's Take This Journey Together

In my attempt to find information for our adoption process from Uganda, I became quickly aware that there just isn't much out there. I wanted to create a way for all of us taking this journey together to be able to walk along-side each other. A place we can find other people taking this journey with us. A place to encourage each other during the journey. A place to keep up with the family after the adoption is finalized, because, let's face it, the adoption is only the beginning of this journey!

If you are in the process of adopting from Uganda and are blogging about your journey, please e-mail joshntash@hotmail.com so I can add you to the hopefully growing list of people who are bringing these orphans home!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

First Home Study Visit

We have our first Home Study visit this Thursday.  Josh and I have been compiling all our documents and paperwork over the weekend and feel prepared.  It is so weird to be on this side of the adoption process.  I've always been the one to compile everyone else's hard work and send it to the appropriate places.  Now, I'm the one preparing all the little details.

Josh and I had fun reading through each other's autobiographies last night.  It was neat to see our different perspectives on our kids, marriage and our own marriage relationship.

I think this whole process, although it can be overwhelming at times, is going to be so good for our family and our relationships.

I'll let you know how the first visit goes.  I know the house doesn't have to be perfect, but I can't seem to fight the urge to straighten up every little corner and closet in the house anyway.

So, off I go to do what I do best...ORGANIZE!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    We are in the process of selecting a country and agency. I have been thinking about Uganda a lot but like you said...there is just not much out there about adoption in that country. This scares me. Just wondering if I can pick your brain a bit on how you chose an agency and maybe get some advice if we proceed with this country. I am so glad I stumbled on your blog b/c I was starting to feel like Uganda might have been out of the picture when I know there is a great need for adoption there.
    Thanks,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete