Let's Take This Journey Together

In my attempt to find information for our adoption process from Uganda, I became quickly aware that there just isn't much out there. I wanted to create a way for all of us taking this journey together to be able to walk along-side each other. A place we can find other people taking this journey with us. A place to encourage each other during the journey. A place to keep up with the family after the adoption is finalized, because, let's face it, the adoption is only the beginning of this journey!

If you are in the process of adopting from Uganda and are blogging about your journey, please e-mail joshntash@hotmail.com so I can add you to the hopefully growing list of people who are bringing these orphans home!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Trusting Your Agency

About 2 weeks ago Josh and I accepted our referral.  We already knew in our hearts who we were working toward in our adoption process, but it is finally official.

When we first received the news that we were now officially on course for our specific little girl I was ecstatic!  Just knowing that we could now pursue her.

Then the questions started coming in.  "What does it mean that you have a referral?"  "Is she yours now?"

I wasn't really sure what it meant for us to have just signed a "Referral Acceptance" letter.  All I knew is that we were one step closer to bringing our little girl home.

Our agency is one that we totally trust.  We have given them full reign over our adoption process.  Hey, that is why we are paying them the big bucks!  I like to know the general idea of what is going on, but for me, if I try to keep up with all the little details that are going on behind the scenes I know that I will only become anxious if things are not happening the "traditional" way.  Besides, I feel like the more I step in, the harder it makes it on our agency.  That's just my opinion though.

Here is what I do know a referral is:
From the agencies end, it just means that we are far enough along in the process where they can present us with a child.  As for the overseas Attorney, it means that once he receives his fees he will begin the legal documentation of the child on his end.

That is all I know.  I am content with that.  I know enough to answer some basic questions and I don't mind saying "I don't know" to other ones.

Josh and I are thrilled to be able to officially be pursuing our little girl, but we also know that things can always happen.  We are choosing to keep our grip on her loose, knowing that the Lord has called us to adoption, not just called us to this particular little girl.  Although we would be very sad if we couldn't, for some reason, bring this little girl home, we know that the Lord knows what is best for our family and that He will bring our hearts to love any child He places with us.

If you don't trust your agency enough to hand over the reins of your process, then maybe you should think about finding a new agency.  I know an excellent one:)

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog, can't wait to read more! COngratulations on your referral!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our advice is not to give any agency free reign over your adoption process. This is your family and your life. Whether you use an agency or not we have produced some tips to empower adoptive parents going through the process.

    http://rileysinuganda.blogspot.com/2011/04/intercountry-adoption-part-2.html

    Being on the ground we have not met any agency whom we could really trust to undertake all of the suggested activities outlined in our post... Yet for the sake of our children all of these things must be done to ensure an ethical adoption.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Au-pair agency is contacting you on a job opportunity to work has a domestic staff i.e housemaid,Nanny,Driver,Gardener.. with a favorable weekly payment of 1500 GBP pounds with a good accommodation. If you are interested forward to us: Full name, Phone Numbers,age,sex, Country of residence.
    Email: job10_aupairagency@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete