Let's Take This Journey Together

In my attempt to find information for our adoption process from Uganda, I became quickly aware that there just isn't much out there. I wanted to create a way for all of us taking this journey together to be able to walk along-side each other. A place we can find other people taking this journey with us. A place to encourage each other during the journey. A place to keep up with the family after the adoption is finalized, because, let's face it, the adoption is only the beginning of this journey!

If you are in the process of adopting from Uganda and are blogging about your journey, please e-mail joshntash@hotmail.com so I can add you to the hopefully growing list of people who are bringing these orphans home!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Update From The Orphanage

We got an update on our little girl from on team at the orphanage!

Man, how I treasures these little updates.  I can't wait to see this video...

"She is doing GREAT! She is such a spunky little booger. She laughs and smiles and makes faces for the camera all the time! We have enjoyed her so much this trip. Today I was doing assessments on the kids and she insisted on being held! So I strapped her to my back in true African fashion while I worked. She would boss all the kids around from her place on my back! It was hilarious! Then she fell asleep and it was just precious. I adore her...oh, and when I gave her your picture, Tasha, we said "Mama" and she looked at intently and said "Mama" ! We have her on video saying it. Can't wait to show you! Wish we could bring her to you now."

Oh.My.Goodness.

I can't tell you how many times I've read, and reread, this message.  It gives me the biggest smile on my face and in my heart:)

3 comments:

  1. Smiling with you. Precious news to a momma's heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Tasha! My husband and I are just starting the adoption process, and we're leaning toward Uganda...and maybe Lifeline?...but we're trying to make sure we research all the agencies out there. Your blog is really helpful - just wondering which agency you chose?

    Congrats on your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great! We are adopting a 3 year old girl and will be back for our visa process in about 3 weeks! Cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete