Let's Take This Journey Together

In my attempt to find information for our adoption process from Uganda, I became quickly aware that there just isn't much out there. I wanted to create a way for all of us taking this journey together to be able to walk along-side each other. A place we can find other people taking this journey with us. A place to encourage each other during the journey. A place to keep up with the family after the adoption is finalized, because, let's face it, the adoption is only the beginning of this journey!

If you are in the process of adopting from Uganda and are blogging about your journey, please e-mail joshntash@hotmail.com so I can add you to the hopefully growing list of people who are bringing these orphans home!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Case Number For Our Adoption

We just got a notice stating that our Adoption File had just been assigned a case number and was being forwarded to the courts in Kampala.

I'm not quite sure what this means yet, as we just got the mail tonight and haven't been able to touch base with our agency, but I'm pretty sure that they are just making a file with all the information for our case to get it ready to assign to a judge?

Either way, we're another step closer to seeing our little girl, so I'll take it!:)

PS - If you have any other insight as to what this might mean for us, feel free to elaborate for us, ha!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Tasha,
    I think what you have is a document from the Embassy. This states that the Embassy has received a copy of your petition and have it on file. They will use this when you go to the embassy after your court. At the embassy you will get immigrant visas for the adopted child. I do not think this is your court information. I might be wrong but we got a document that sounds the same and it was for the Embassy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, thanks Holly, I'm sure you are right. Good to know:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what that means, but it sounds exciting! Congrats'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Just found your blog.. thank you for creating it. I have been looking into how to apply to adopt through Uganda and I agree there is not much out there! But I am so thankful for blogs to help guide me so far. I think we are going to apply today! Are you going through AAI by chance? Or where are you guys going through? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It means you are one step closer!

    ReplyDelete