Let's Take This Journey Together

In my attempt to find information for our adoption process from Uganda, I became quickly aware that there just isn't much out there. I wanted to create a way for all of us taking this journey together to be able to walk along-side each other. A place we can find other people taking this journey with us. A place to encourage each other during the journey. A place to keep up with the family after the adoption is finalized, because, let's face it, the adoption is only the beginning of this journey!

If you are in the process of adopting from Uganda and are blogging about your journey, please e-mail joshntash@hotmail.com so I can add you to the hopefully growing list of people who are bringing these orphans home!

Monday, September 26, 2011

Let's Go!!!!!

Well, today is the day!

The laundry is done.
The kids are all clean...a bath on Saturday counts, right? RIGHT?:)
The bags are packed.
The toilets are clean (because my mom always said you can't leave the house without scrubbing the toilets:)...well, they were, and then Zeke had to pee, ha!
The refrigerator has been  purged.
And the tasks to keep our lives on track here in America have been divied out to our sweet friends and family.

I can't believe it's here.

We fly out at 6:20pm and our checklist is finally dwindling to just a few last minute items.

This will be my last post from this blog until we return.
We'd love for you to continue to follow our journey to get Alethia on our password protected blog.  Just email or message me with your email address if you would like the password.


We'll let you all know when we're returning home.
We'd love to see you at the airport so you can meet our beautiful new addition!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I'd love to follow. Praying for your journey! analisagerbig@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to follow your blog!! Living in Jinja, and heard about you guys from some friends here in Jinja....Hope your time in Uganda thus far has been a joyful experience...treasure these moments, even the unexpected.

    annamariejones@hotmail.com

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to follow your other blog. My husband and I have just made the decision to adopt from Uganda. Full of questions from those who have already gone through the process. I know you will be crazy busy with your precious new addition, but if you would be willing to let me follow your blog or ask some questions, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
    neely_c@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would love to follow your other blog. I read some of the letters to your sweet girl and have been praying for you. I recently adopted my daughter from Uganda, so I am always interested in "meeting" others who have done or are in the process of the same. my email is christinafelten83@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete