Let's Take This Journey Together

In my attempt to find information for our adoption process from Uganda, I became quickly aware that there just isn't much out there. I wanted to create a way for all of us taking this journey together to be able to walk along-side each other. A place we can find other people taking this journey with us. A place to encourage each other during the journey. A place to keep up with the family after the adoption is finalized, because, let's face it, the adoption is only the beginning of this journey!

If you are in the process of adopting from Uganda and are blogging about your journey, please e-mail joshntash@hotmail.com so I can add you to the hopefully growing list of people who are bringing these orphans home!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

We're Home!

Well some of us are home but life just is NOT normal right now.

If you haven't been keeping up with our adoption journey you may have missed the big announcement!  We were granted legal guardianship of our daughter, but on the final leg of our journey she was denied her VISA at the US Embassy in Kampala.  We can't bring our daughter home...

I, being 28 weeks pregnant and having just entered my 3rd trimester, needed to get home and begin preparing to bring another life in the world.

We split our family up on Sunday, the 20th, as I got on an airplane with Areyna and Zeke to make our trek home on a flight that was meant to be for our ENTIRE FAMILY!

While I prepare for this new little one to enter this world, Josh continues to live in Uganda with our little girl and fight for her little life to have a family in this world!

We have been to hell and back over the past 2 months...wait we still feel the heat of this very real battle, but we are going to fight this until the bitter end.  It's time for our little girl to come home!

Photo Courtesy of Jennifer Hambrick
Seeing my Cai-bo at the airport for the first time in 2 weeks.
He came home with his Meme.

You can continue to follow our family over at

~Make sure to leave me your email address so I can get you the password~

8 comments:

  1. oh my...praying for your family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping your family in my thoughts... we are about to start the process with Little Miracles and I would love to follow your adoption blog. My email is: tracyeadams@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying. I would love to read your blog. We aren't far behind you in the process. Thebrownbrigade@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to follow your blog--we are considering an adoption in Uganda. agentsgirl12@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. we 2 are adopting form Uganda. We are also investing in a great ministry called sixtyfeet
    i didnt know if you had heard of them!
    www.sixtyfeet.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. This topic was your advantage among other blogs out there. This blog contains and provide definitely unique ideas and information.

    International Adoption Agencies

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving this blog each and everyday.http://www.adroid000.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tasha,

    My name is Ellie, I'm currently in the same position as you were when you wrote this post years ago. We've been granted legal guardianship of our two girls in Uganda, but we were officially denied a visa today and they've forwarded our application to Nairobi and have left us completely in the dark as to what to expect from this point on. I'm sure you are incredibly busy, but if you have time to answer a few questions from a stranger who is feeling like you did years ago - like life is NOT normal right now and like I may never get to bring my daughters home where they belong, that would be so incredible. There just aren't a lot of places to turn for this sort of thing.

    My email address is elinorcoleman@gmail.com.

    Thanks,

    Ellie

    PS - I'm going to post this message on your other blog too in case you're more likely to respond to that one. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete